Over the years, Turbosoft has been fortunate to work with thousands of clients and assist them to change from their existing terminal emulation solution to TTWin.
Why Change to TTWin?
There have been numerous reasons for clients choosing to switch including cost savings, license flexibility, quality and ease of use of TTWin over their existing product as well as choosing TTWin to solve all of their terminal emulation needs rather than have separate products for separate terminals.
Given the range of applications that terminal emulation software is used to connect to, our experience over the years shows us that no two transitions are the same. Whilst every client’s needs are specific in some way, the overall goal that Turbosoft has with regards to clients transitioning from their competitive terminal emulation solution to either TTWin or another Turbosoft product is that the changeover is as easy and pain free as possible from both an IT administration point of view as well as an end user point of view.
A Smooth TransitionIn working with clients, Turbosoft has been able to identify five key points to work on to ensure that each transition happens as smoothly as possible:
- Ensure that the product is as familiar to the user as possible to your end users. In this way, we want the key mappings, colors, fonts, screen sizes and terminal appearance such as status bars to be the same as the product we are replacing. TTWin’s flexibility allows us to easily change the look and feel to closely match what the end user has been use to in the past.
- Ensure that the usability features are the same, if not better, than the existing product. This includes features such as Hotspots, session history and multi-session placement.
- Ensure that the process of usage is the same. As an example, if an end user is used to clicking an icon and having an auto-connection and login to the host, then we replicate this.
- Work with the client to ensure that Macros and Scripts are converted. Depending on the complexity of the Macros and Scripts, this is typically done with a combination of manual and automated tools.
- Ensure that the deployment is as simple as possible and this is achieved with our flexibility and compatibility with deployment solutions.
Turbosoft also offers significant crossgrade pricing discounts to ensure that your changeover not only makes sense from a technical point of view, but a financial one too.
Getting Started with TTWin
If you are looking to transition from a competitive product to a Turbosoft product, please let us know as we are always keen to assist.
Free Trial Software downloads are always available or you can upload your current product configuration and our support staff will create an equivalent TTWin configuration for you to use with your free trial version of TTWin 4.
Alternately contact us to discuss your project needs.