How can I automate a TTWin 3 installation?
The outcome of this article is an installable, licensed version of TTWin with pre-configured settings.
Step 1. Install TTWin on a test machine
On a test machine install and license TTWin, but do not activate. You can do this by selecting maintenance holders download section (login required) on ttwin.com.from the TTWin main menu. Your license certificates and the latest installation packages are always available from the
Step 2. Configure TTWin
Configure TTWin as required for your standard deployment. Make sure you selectfrom the menu after configuring TTWin.
Step 3. Copy the files for deployment
Please note that in this step wherever you see a file path marked by the % symbol, for example %USERPROFILE%, you can type this alias into the address bar of Windows Explorer and it will resolve to an actual path on your system where you can locate the required files.
Create a temporary directory on your test machine and then copy the following files into it:
- Copy the TTWin install file you are using, for example TTWin-3-9-3-172.exe
- Copy your newly saved default.twc file from %APPDATA%\Turbosoft\TTWin3.x\default.twc to your temporary directory.
- For Windows XP see %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Turbosoft\TTWin3.x
- For Vista, or Windows 7 the file can be found in %APPDATA%\Turbosoft\TTWin3.x. Please note that at the time TTWin 3 support was discontinued Windows 8 was not available and has therefore never been an officially support operating system. Please consider upgrading to TTWin 4 for newer operating systems.
- Copy ttwin.tcf, your certificate file into the temporary directory. The source location of ttwin.tcf will depend on which operating system you are using on your test machine. These files can be found in the same path as the default.twc, %APPDATA%\Turbosoft\TTWin3.9
- Copy the ttwin.ini file from %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Turbosoft\TTWin3.x\ttwin.ini. to your temporary directory.
Step 4. Silent installation setting
To have TTWin automatically activate without user input do the following (please note that this does require that TTWin has internet access from the end user PC):
- Edit the ttwin.ini file in the temp directory using Windows notepad.
- Add the following to the [Preferences] section of the ttwin.ini file.
- Save the changes.
Step 5. Create a batch file
Create a TTWin setup batch (.bat) file which will be used to install and copy the required files using the sample file below as a template.
This batch file assumes you have the install files in a directory called ttwin inside the users temp directory. You will need to change the INSTTMP variable if you have a different source directory name.
Step 6. Installing
To complete the install process, the files in your temp directory would need to be copied to %TEMP%\ttwin\ on the target machine and the above batch file run. TTWin will then install on the target machine without user input and with the custom configuration and license certificate files preloaded.