How do I import an SSH key into TTerm?
SSH keys serve as a means of identifying a user to an SSH server in place of traditional methods such as password authentication. To use the public key files related to your host system in TTerm they first need to be imported onto your iPad.
To import an SSH Key using iTunes follow these steps:
- Open a window.
- Connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
- Select your device in the Finder.
- Click the tab to see a list of apps that can share files.
- Click the triangle next to TTerm
- Files exported will be available to select, copy and move to your device as required.
macOS Mojave or Earlier
If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC you will need to import an SSH Key through iTunes. Follow these steps:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPad device to your computer.
- In iTunes, select your device and open the tab.
- Scroll down to .
- Select TTerm from the list of Apps.
- Click the button and browse to your local key file.
- Click . The certificate file will now be available on your device.
Once a key file has been imported it will be available to to TTerm and you can find listed under the Authentication Key File item under SSH configuration.
- Edit your saved connection or create a new connection
- Select and set the item to .
- Select settings and set the item from the available keys.
- (Optional) Enter an if required by the key.
- (Optional) Back out to and select and enter your user name. If not entered you will be prompted on connection.