How do I enable or disable guest access?
Guest Access allows any user to access the TTerm Connect Desktop Client and a set of public host connection profiles without a TTerm Connect account. There are two important settings that must be configured to allow guest access.
Firstly, TTerm Connect must be configured to explicitly allow guest access.
Secondly, there must be saved profile configurations available to the user group that is nominated as the guest group. When a guest user logs into TTerm Connect, the connections available to them are those profiles saved to the guest group.
Allowing Guest Access
To enable guest access follow these steps:
- Login to the TTerm Connect Administrator portal
- Navigate to the page and the tab.
- Scroll down to and set to .
- Under the , select a user group to assign all guest users to. Any profiles available to this group will be available to guest users when they login to the TTerm Connect Desktop Client.
Enabling guest access for members of the group 'guest'.
On a new TTerm Connect installation, the TTerm Connect QuickStart guide or in-program help.selection drop down will contain the built in user groups and . To create additional user groups or to integrate with Active Directory/LDAP refer to the
- Click to save your new server configuration.
Assigning Profiles to the Guest Group
For a guest to be able to connect to a host system there must be profiles available in the nominated guest user group. To grant guest access to a particular saved profile follow these steps:
- Login into the TTerm Connect Administrator Portal
- Navigate to the page
- In the TTerm Connect QuickStart guide or in-program help. table, click the button of the profile you wish to allow guests to access. Note that this FAQ does not cover creating a new profile, for information on profile creation please refer to the
- In the configure profile panel which appears select the tab. This is the last tab, located on the far right.
- The tab lists the which grant user or group based access to a particular profile. Click .
- Remembering the group nominated as the in step 4, type the group name in the field of the pop up window that appears. TTerm Connect will return you a list of close or exact matches for that group name. Select the appropriate item from the results.
- Click to close the pop up. The new rule will now appear in the table of .
- Click to save your profile modifications. This profile will now be available to guest group members.
Adding access for the user group 'guest' to a particular host connection profile.
For more information on creating and editing profiles as well as access control configuration, please refer to the TTerm Connect QuickStart guide or in-program help.
From the End User Point of View
When a user navigates to the login page for TTerm Connects Desktop Client they will be presented with an option to login as a guest. Guest login requests the guest user enter their email as a username however this is not essential and any text string may be assigned to identify the end user login.
Desktop Client login with guest access available.
You may wish to generate one at login rather than request an email. Refer to thedocument included in your installation for further information on custom TTerm Connect clients.
Upon login the user will be presented with a list of profiles available to the guest user group.
- Category: TTerm Connect
- Last Updated: 15 May 2021
- Hits: 1882