How to License TTerm Connect | Turbosoft
When initially installed, TTerm Connect is unlicensed and offers limited functionality. In this mode of operation you may configure the server but no host connections may be established.
TTerm Connect can be easily converted into a licensed, unrestricted version simply by importing the appropriate license certificate.
Licensing TTerm Connect is a two-step process, uploading a license certificate and activating that certificate. A license certificate is provided by Turbosoft or a Turbosoft distributor in the form of a .TCF or .KEY file. If you do not have a license file but have purchased TTerm Connect please contact your Turbosoft representative.
To import the license follow these steps:
- Log into the Administrator Portal and open the page
- Click or tap the button on the panel.
- Navigate to the file location of your .TCF or .KEY file. Select the file and click or tap
Once successfully imported TTerm Connect will attempt to activate the license automatically.
License activation is a one-time process which stamps your license certificate with a unique identifier and completes the licensing process. There are two activation methods, in program activation (online) or manual activation (offline).
In Program Activation
Activating a license through the Web Administration Portal is the default method of activation and is an automated, transparent process.
When a license file is uploaded TTerm Connect will attempt to automatically submit the file to the Turbosoft license servers where it will be stamped and returned to your installation. Once your license is activated TTerm Connect will be fully licensed and functional.
In situations where your TTerm Connect installation has limited or no access to external networks in program activation will not be possible as TTerm Connect will not be able to directly communicate with the Turbosoft license servers. In such a scenario TTerm Connect will report the license activation as incomplete and offer manual activation.
Where an in program activation attempt has failed TTerm Connect will provide an intermediate license file (.ACT) for download through the page.
To manually activate the license you are required to download this .ACT file and upload it to a Turbosoft web page from a device that does have internet access. The file will be processed and returned to you for upload back into TTerm Connect.
When a valid license has been uploaded into TTerm Connect but has not yet been activated TTerm Connect will function in a fully licensed state for a grace period of seven (7) days. During this time the activation must be completed or TTerm Connect will revert to an unlicensed state.
- Click or tap the button on the page.
- Save the resulting .ACT file.
- Copy this file to a PC or device that has internet access.
- Open a browser to http://mercury.ttwin.com/ttermconnect.php
- Fill out the activation form selecting the .ACT file from your local PC. Once completed the form will return a direct link to download the activated license file, however you may also enter an optional email address where the newly activated certificate will also be sent.
- Select the button to submit the activation form.
- You will then be presented with a link to download a new .TCF certificate file and, if you chose to enter an email details in step 5, the file will also be sent to your nominated email address. You will now need to return to the page in TTerm Connect to complete the process.
- Navigate to the page
- In the .TCF file. panel, click or tap and select the
- Click or tap .
You should now see your license file details populate the server license panel. The license status will show activated or valid. Your TTerm Connect server is now licensed and fully functional.
- Category: TTerm Connect
- Last Updated: 07 November 2021
- Hits: 2486